IP / IT
We help businesses to draft and negotiate contracts relating to trademarks, domain names, patents, designs, and trade secrets, and we assist them in any litigation arising in connection therewith, including infringement, copyright, and right of publicity proceedings. We have developed a particular expertise in the legal issues surrounding the digital economy and personal data processing, and when advising clients abroad, we can count on the assistance of local IP / IT legal experts.
What we do
- We file trademark and design applications in France and abroad.
- We draw up and negotiate all exploitation agreements relating to trademarks, patents, designs (co-existence, ownership in common, commodatum, licence, assignment, contribution, etc.) after validating the tax and labour law aspects where necessary.
- We initiate and conduct infringement proceedings relating to trademarks, patents, designs, domain and company names: customs seizures, attachment of evidence of infringement, recording of evidence on site or on the internet by a bailiff, petitions in urgent matters to put an immediate stop to an infringement, claims for the indemnification of lost earnings, ancillary court-ordered publication and stock-destruction measures, claims on grounds of parasitism and unfair competition.
- We validate measures for the protection of trade secrets and know-how, draw up technology and know-how transfer agreements, initiate and conduct judicial actions on grounds of the misappropriation or theft of trade secrets and know-how.
Copyright, neighbouring rights, right of publicity
- We conduct litigation relating to the infringement of works of the mind (paintings, sculptures, multimedia works).
- We draw up bailment and loan contracts for works of art and (mainly sports-related) sponsorship contracts (right of publicity).
- We initiate and conduct judicial proceedings for the family name protection and the rights of privacy and of publicity, especially against the written press and internet sites.
Information and communication technology
- We analyze and bring personal data processing methods into compliance with applicable laws and regulations (relations with the CNIL, with consumers, employees, etc.), we draw up database licensing agreements, we validate the transfer of databases within or without the European Union.
- We provide assistance in matters of cyber- and videosurveillance, position determination technology, exploitation of the new information technologies within the framework of individual and collective employment relations.
- We draw up development, licensing, maintenance, outsourcing, and assignment contracts relating to software, software packages, and ASP services.
- We conduct litigation relating to software development and other IT services, including judicial expert appraisals where applicable.
Among our files
- Numerous judicial actions for the protection throughout Europe of the designs of a German manufacturer of articles of decoration and utensils used in the art of entertaining
- Assistance with judicial actions for the protection of patents on industrial equipment
- Counsel to a US-American company in the telecommunications sector in a breach of software licence case
- Negotiation of a licensing agreement for a public geographical database for the French subsidiary of one of the world’s leading publishers
- Setting-up of online-sale systems for distribution networks
- Launch of the first independent online negotiation platform for the purchase and sale of advertising space
- Numerous infringement actions relating to sports articles on behalf of the world’s leading rugby equipment manufacturer
- Counsel to companies, some employing several thousand people, for their cybersurveillance policy and the setting-up of a code of ethics or internal use charter
- Counsel to a European company for the provision of cross-border cybersurveillance services in public/private spaces (validation of its status and exploitation set-ups)
- Counsel to a French company in judicial unfair competition actions against an Indian industrial group (imitation of marketing tools and procurement of trade secrets through undue influence)
- Counsel to specialist repackaging companies