We offer a comprehensive international arbitration service, including the definition of parallel judicial and arbitration strategies in complex litigation cases. Our lawyers are familiar with all major international arbitration rules and have earned recognition conducting both independent and institutional international arbitration proceedings on behalf of French and foreign businesses.
What we do
- We draw up, negotiate, and validate arbitration clauses and post-dispute arbitration agreements, we validate the choice of arbitration rules or the procedural rules stipulated in arbitration agreements.
- We organize the implementation of arbitration clauses, we check how they combine with contractual mediation and conciliation clauses, we help choose and implement pre-litigation strategies.
- We monitor the appointment and independence of arbitrators.
- We initiate prior or parallel judicial proceedings to secure protective or investigative measures (attachments, expert appraisals, recording of evidence by a bailiff), we help with the appointment of arbitration tribunals.
- We determine and implement general litigation strategies in multiparty or complex arbitration cases after consulting with foreign lawyers.
- We secure evidence at civil or common law.
- We prepare and draw up documents (petitions, briefs, exhibits) in French, English, German, Spanish, and produce them for arbitration proceedings, oral arguments hearings, expert appraisals, and witness hearings.
- We conduct proceedings to have awards set aside in France and abroad as well as other defence proceedings.
- We enforce awards in France and abroad.
Among our files
- Counsel to a French pharmaceutical company following the termination of a marketing contract with an African partner
- Counsel to a French maintenance company in the aeronautical sector against a Portuguese company following the sudden termination of a service contract
- Counsel to a Bulgarian toll manufacturer against an Italian sports shoes distributor in a case relating to the performance of a toll manufacturing and barter contract
- Counsel to an American company against a French leader in the chemicals sector following the breach of a letter of intent
- Counsel to a German insurance company in a case relating to the amount of commissions owed to its French general agent
- Enforcement of an ICSID arbitration award in favour of a Belgian company providing maintenance services for aircraft chartered by an African state
- Counsel to an Anglo-Swedish pharmaceutical group for the termination of a pharmaceutical co-marketing contract
- Counsel to a Swiss company against a Dutch company for the termination of a cocoa supply contract
- Counsel to a French charterer against an Italian carrier
Independent arbitration proceedings:
- Enforcement in Europe of an award issued against a Jordanian company for a Turkish company
- Counsel to various purchasers in warranties-against-claims cases
- Counsel to a French regional drinks distributor against another regional distributor in a case relating to the performance of a shareholders’ agreement
- Counsel to a commercial agent against his principal concerning the promotion of milk products for children in Africa
- Counsel to film co-producers incurring liability after the project ran into financial problems